Python is the language of choice for hackers and security analysts for creating powerful and effective tools. Ever wonder how they do it?
A follow-up to the perennial best-seller Gray Hat Python, Justin Seitz's Black Hat Python explores the darker side of Python's capabilities—writing network sniffers, manipulating packets, infecting virtual machines, creating stealthy trojans, extending the popular web hacking tool Burp Suite, and more. You'll learn how to:
- Create a trojan command-and-control using Github
- Detect sandboxing and automate common malware tasks, like keylogging and screenshotting
- Escalate Windows privileges with creative process control
- Use offensive memory forensics tricks to retrieve password hashes and inject shellcode into a virtual machine
- Abuse Windows COM automation to perform a man-in-the-browser attack
- Exfiltrate data from a network most sneakily