For a generation, Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide has introduced hundreds of thousands of readers worldwide to the night sky. Now this classic beginner's guide has been completely revised to bring it up to date with the latest discoveries.
Updated with the latest, most accurate information and more than 100 new graphics and photos, this Seventh Edition features:
- Web site addresses throughout for the best color images and astronomy resources online
- Technical ideas made simple without mathematics
- A beautiful new full-color, glossy insert with spectacular astro-images
- An interactive format with learning goals, reviews, self-tests, and answers for fast learning
- Five beginners' Star and Moon maps for fun stargazing
Dinah L. Moché, Ph.D., is Professor of Physics and Astronomy at the City University of New York. An award-winning author and lecturer, her books have sold over ten million copies in seven languages.